• Subscribe
  • Tidyread July 25, 2024 (Thursday) Daily Rank First Data Sharing and Review

JaredL
    8 replies
    Thanks to the community's support, Tidyread has achieved the #1 in the daily rankings. I'd like to share some experiences to give back to the community πŸ₯° πŸ“Š Data: 1. On the first day (3 PM to 3 PM in East Asia Time), the traffic from PH was 1040 unique visitors (UV). The hourly traffic was generally a few dozen, peaking during daytime in the US. 2. After the daily leaderboard ended, the traffic dropped sharply but rose again at 10 PM East Asia Time. This is because PH pushes the daily newsletter around this time, bringing 211 UV in the next 10 hours. Afterward, the traffic dropped to a dozen or even single digits per hour. 3. Once the newsletter period ended, PH votes almost came to a halt without active engagement. 4. Within 48 hours of the launch, a total of 1327 UV purely from PH. 5. The registration conversion rate was 14%, which was almost the same as other channels during the same period. 6. During the leaderboard period, I personally earned a total of 130 points. Every maker gained at least 50 points each. βœ… What Went Right: 1. **Coming Soon Page Preheat:** Before the launch, I promoted on communities and LinkedIn, accumulating over 100 notifications. 2. **Interactive Demo:** Over 20 PH comments and community friends mentioned it, which helped in seeking support and making users understand the product's value. I wrote a short post to share: [How can I create an interactive demo for launching and what benefits can it bring me?](https://www.producthunt.com/discussions/how-can-i-create-an-interactive-demo-for-launching-and-what-benefits-can-it-bring-me). 3. **KOC/KOL Program on the PH Landing Page:** Offering tokens to attract some KOCs/KOLs to help promote us. The whole plan and form creation took just half an hour, but it attracted a YouTuber with a million subscribers, and another 2 KOLs. You can check it out at the bottom of [tidyread.ai/producthunt](https://tidyread.ai/producthunt). 4. **Community Support through Value Sharing:** On the first day, I noticed that many community friends were interested in the interactive demo, so I wrote a simple summary on the PH Discussion board and shared it in the community. On the second day, I shared some insights about achieving first place. Comparing the effects, it worked better than offering discounts. ❌ What Went Wrong: 1. I spent a lot of effort preparing the Product Hunter Recipe, thinking the PH community would love to get product inspiration. However, out of the total 2.5k UV (including traffic outside PH) over two days, only over 70 people visited this page: [Product Hunter Recipe](https://tidyread.ai/recommended-recipes/product-hunter). 2. The PH Discussion posts were impromptu. If we had planned ahead, we might have gained more support from the PH community. 3. Makers can award comments, which highlights them. However, you can only award two comments, and it seems you can't retract them. We gave out awards too early, thinking we could give unlimited awards, but later, we found better comments that we couldn't award. 4. Before the launch, I accidentally clicked the Launch Now button, and without any second confirmation, it launched directly. I panicked at that moment. If you encounter this situation, don't worry. You can contact PH support via the bottom right of the PH website or email hello@producthunt.com. Thanks to the quick response from the community staff! By the way, I suggest adding a second confirmation feature 🫑. πŸ’ͺ Some Gains: 1. **Team Cohesion:** The team has been preparing for the leaderboard for two months, remaining active in the community. Especially on the leaderboard day, some team members felt excited, saying they hadn't felt this way in a long time. 2. **Product Credibility:** Future promotions and marketing will be more confident. 3. **Potential Investment, Cooperation, and Opportunities to Enhance Influence:** (BTW, if you think customized information digest can help your business scenarios or the groups you influence, we look forward to cooperating. You can contact me on Twitter: jaredliu_bravo) This post is to give back to the community for their help, deeply grateful. 🫑 If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Replies

Nicole Astor
    That’s a really sincere share, so cool!
    Jon
    A very useful summary!!!
    Lakshya Singh
    So amazing Jared! I am so happy for you! Congrats on being Product of the day! I am sure its going to be product of the week soon! And thank you for sharing all the learnings. When did you added the KOC on your site? Was it just before the launch or way before it? And how many creators signed up for it here?
    JaredL
    @lakshya_singh Thank you, Lakshya! I joined just a day before the PH launch, and so far, I've attracted three KOLs through PH's referral traffic.
    Trevon Gleeson
    Thank you for sharing without reservation.
    Cameron Napoli
    Wow thanks for sharing! Super useful for everyone in the community. Just curious, how long did it take you to create the demo video with Arcade?