• Subscribe
  • What are your biggest pain points when managing and coordinating work with an external team?

Royce Wong
    9 replies
    Do you work with a client, partner or agency? How do you coordinate and sequence work? How do you communicate and share information or documents?

Replies

We collaborate with our clients on Slack. They can share documents, quick chit-chat on Slack shared channel itself. And our team organizes their files on our Google Drive folders. We have Asana too for project management, but that's only for internal team's use. And yes, some clients choose to do it the traditional way ie sharing files through email threads. In that case also, our team takes it from there and organizes the files in our google drive.
    @roycewong Exactly.
    Royce Wong
    @vertikanigam Thanks for sharing. From what you've described tooling for communication, documents, a repository, product and task management are key in coordinating work.
    Royce Wong
    We're working hard to improve collaboration between our internal and external teams. Our goal is to make it easier for everyone to work together smoothly. We think the best way to do this is by adding more features to support this. To help us improve, we'd love to hear about your biggest challenges. What frustrates you the most when working with other teams? If you could wave a magic wand, what would you change?
    Bhhavesh Desalhey
    Communication between external team and internal team is quite difficult as when the internal team make progress including the external team, sometimes so of the updates miss to inform and to communicate between each other.
    Royce Wong
    @bhhavesh_desalhey Thanks! I agree... having to update and to then recommunicate is a major issue when connecting with external teams.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    I have inhouse team for my product ConnectGenie AI, I also manage my own agency in which we offer Fullstack development services in a resource augmentation model to our clients. the coordination is mostly done through slack, I think its important that if you are an agency then you hook your team with your clients to their slack so that there can be direct conversation and no hurdle in between. for document sharing I think Google drive is the best platform, People also use notion but i have not got the chance to check it out yet.
    Kevin Not-A-Robot
    I've worked on the agency side and have managed teams across time zones (South Africa). While I employed many of the tools mentioned, I took it upon myself to be that point person to remind others and encourage communication. It would be great to have an AI assistant who could act as a team liaison, reminding and informing others of changes or progress with other dependant team's work. While that may not be ideal for some, going the extra mile to be that point person or team champion with communication helps a ton.
    Royce Wong
    @thegoodbadugly_ai Great point. The extra mile with clients goes a long way to build trust and improve the companies brand. I'll keep in mind the AI assistant. We are looking to kick off work around automation and augmentation.