• Subscribe
  • What is the best piece of advice you have received about time management?

Abdul Rehman
    16 replies

Replies

Daniel Burns
    I've come to realize that there's no universal technique that works for everyone. However, what works best for me is avoiding multitasking, and focusing on one task at a time. And also, turn off your notifications on your phone. Even better, leave it in the other room or off your desk where you work.
    Blake Martin
    The best advice I've received is to use the Eisenhower Matrix to prioritize tasks. When time is limited, I focus first on tasks that are both high-impact and quick to complete. After that, I tackle high-impact tasks that take more time. I also think of it like solving a Knapsack problem: given a set of tasks with varying importance and time requirements, I prioritize those that will give me the most value within the time I have available.
    @blakemartin Great analogy with the Knapsack problem! i love how you have combined the Eisenhower Matrix with a practical way to maximize value in limited time. Prioritizing tasks like that must really help will staying focused on what truly matters.
    Beck Silver
    Big one for me was to avoid multitasking - it was never as efficient as I thought it would be
    @beck_silver Are you right men! Multitasking always felt like a productivity hack, but focusing on one thing at a time actually gets things done faster and with better quality.
    Timothy Bramlett
    I've received some fantastic advice on time management, and the most effective tip has been to leverage time boxing techniques. Essentially, you break your day into a series of hours, such as from 5 AM to 8 PM, or however long your workday is. Then, either on a piece of paper or using a digital tool, map out exactly what you want to accomplish in each of these hours. It's truly a game changer for boosting productivity and ensuring you get things done.
    @timothybramlett Time boxing is such a great idea! I have found it super helpful for staying focused and avoiding distractions.
    Denise Hanicke
    I believe there is no one size fits all time management tactic. Everyone has to somewhat experiment and find the best one for themselves - be it the Pomodoro method, Eisenhower Matrix, or others.
    @denise04 Time management is such a personal thing. However I need help managing my time because there are many distracting things around me.
    Denise Hanicke
    @abod_rehman one thing that works for me from time to time are structuring things according to the Eisenhower matrix and then creating simple to do lists for each day of the week. The to do lists will contain some bigger more complex items and some very easy quick tasks. By completing these easy tasks I also feel more motivated because my list is getting shorter and I get a felling of accomplishment. This definitely helps with being less distracted and getting the tasks done in time!
    LDJ Beatless
    Buffup.AI
    Launching soon!
    One great piece of advice I've received is to prioritize tasks using the Eisenhower Matrix. Divide tasks into four categories: urgent and important, important but not urgent, urgent but not important, and neither urgent nor important. Focus on the important and urgent ones first, then schedule time for important but not urgent tasks. This helps in making the most of your time and not getting distracted by unimportant tasks.
    KC Onrade
    I've come to realize that multi-tasking isn't so efficient. There's a certain thing that's missing when we tend to do tasks at the same time -- focus. I mean, we get a lot of things done, sure, but somehow it loses the 'whys' on what we're doing and the minute details entailed in it.
    Mary Kathryn Johnson
    Such a great question! Here are 3 pieces of advice I've been given, and live by to increase my productivity: 1. Turn off all notifications on all devices. Seriously! Otherwise, you keep responding to other people's priorities instead of your own production. 2. Use Parkinson's Law - The time it takes to complete a task is the time you schedule to complete (paraphrasing - look it up). 3. Batch your tasks/content. I only conduct podcast interviews on Mondays. I batch a week's worth of content at a time, etc.
    @mkj I especially love the point about turning off notifications it's amazing how much more focused we can be without those constant distractions.
    Harold Gary
    The best advice I received is: 1)Do all the work at once and try to avoid modifications or redoing it. This can save a lot of time for yourself and others. 2)Do only one thing at a time. Stay focused by closing unnecessary dialog windows, links, software, etc., on the computer. Postpone unimportant tasks and prioritize completing the tasks at hand. 3)Use effective platforms, tools, and software to complete more work in less time, such as shortcuts, automation tools, and productivity software. For example, I use iBoysoft MagicMenu (https://iboysoft.com/magic-menu/) on my MacBook Pro to make file management more convenient. Previously, I had to open Microsoft Word for a .doc file, create the file, and save it in a folder. Now, with this software, I can simply right-click to create a new .doc file in any folder or on my desktop. It saves me many steps, allowing me to quickly move or copy files, copy file paths, find and delete duplicate files, and access documents, software, and URLs faster.