• Subscribe
  • What kind of websites do you visit to stay updated about the world news + My resources

I rarely watch Breaking news on TV (too many bad things) so I rather focus on things that are more positive (or neutral) and are concentrated on progress. My Top news resources are: 1. Techcrunch 2. Social media today 3. Economist 4. The New York Times 5. Product Hunt (of course, to know more about the latest products) What are your resources?

Replies

Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    SaaStr Product Hunt Social media & Search Engine Journal
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @hamza_afzal_butt Thank you Hamza. Most of them I didn't know. This is what i wanted :)
    charles shiro
    Wired Fast Company Harvard Business Review MIT Technology Review HackerNews
    Mariam
    @charles_ Hi Charles Harvard Business Review is indeed one of the major resources I check out too. Their insights about business have been invaluable in helping me stay ahead and updated.
    @charles_ I do not know Fast Company but other sources do know. Thanks for "broadening" my list. :)
    Henry Feng
    @charles_ @busmark_w_nika Fast Company, like it either. Good business resource and insight here.
    Alex AI
    Twitter Twitter TikTok
    Alex AI
    @busmark_w_nika it is super easy to track the latest news TikTok also is a great platform to learn new skills/news
    @byalexai I like how you are the most of time on Twitter :D It is also one of my fave platforms :D
    Mariam
    @byalexai Hi Alex Absolutely, Twitter and TikTok are incredible sources for staying updated! Despite the varied content, they often include valuable abstracts and information. Plus, they’re great platforms for making connections and engaging with a diverse audience. Thanks for highlighting these!
    Nancy
    《HackerNews》《AppSumo》
    Lakshya Singh
    I use this extension called Refind which shows all the new and old articles from around the web on the home page of Chrome. But I also use an app called Volv for the news. I found both of them on PH
    @lakshya_singh Try also Tidyread – also found on PH and it summarises things from websites :)
    Aarav Pittman
    X and Tech Crunch
    @aarav_pittman So we have something in common :) Cool!
    Henry Feng
    Techcrunch, wired, The Verge, Mashable, MIT Technology Review, Engadget, But recently we're building an tool to help us curate and summarize news from my chosen resources, supporting both reading and listening methods for it, so even when you're driving ,the important info could be acquired. Do you wanna try? (if so pls give me feedback for the product?)
    @henry_feng Engadget is new to me :) Will have a look at it, thanks! :) Can you share the solution you are mentioning? :)
    Henry Feng
    @busmark_w_nika Sure, unapod.com, but we're still developing on it, if you find any bug or the user experience bad, please let me know.
    @henry_feng I suppose that I will get on LI in the evening (CET) so I will get answer to you :)
    Henry Feng
    @busmark_w_nika Looking forward to it.
    Infraforge
    Infraforge
    Launching soon!
    Great list! I also steer clear of breaking news and prefer sources that focus on positive developments and progress. I use sites like Techcrunch and The Economist for updates. Curious to hear what other resources people find valuable!
    @abod_rehman Do you have anything else outside of these 2? :) (I want to broaden my horizon of information) :D
    Muhammad Hassan
    Great question! I also prefer staying updated with sources focusing on positive and progressive news. I love Techcrunch for the latest tech innovations and Product Hunt for discovering new products. Social Media Today and The Economist are fantastic for in-depth analysis, while The New York Times offers a broad perspective. I’m curious to hear what other resources everyone uses to stay informed and inspired!
    @muhammad_hassan0011 Do you have your own? Anything else besides what I mentioned? :)
    Mariam
    Hi Nika! I completely agree that focusing on more positive or neutral content is essential, and the resources you’ve mentioned are incredibly useful for staying informed on progress and innovation. I often find myself checking similar types of sources as well. It’s refreshing to see others prioritizing these sources. Appreciate you sharing these!
    @virtualmsmariam You are welcome :)
    Evan Christopher
    I mostly go with X! Easier to track of what's going on as well as gaining various of user's perspective towards it.
    @evan_christopher_samosir Do you find X as trustworthy source of information?
    Evan Christopher
    @busmark_w_nika sometimes, yes! It depends on the context and the source for me, but I find it a valuable tool for gathering diverse perspectives. How about you? What's your opinion towards X?
    @evan_christophers I have heard that X is not censored so there can be content that is controversial but I am there not to consume news :)
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    That's an interesting list, Nika. I tend to not rely a lot on social media for REAL news and sometimes, go for traditional channels like newspaper, television!
    @vaibhavdwivedi Why did you decide so?
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika I've always found them more reliable in the era of "fake news". Of course, you can get more updates from social places like X but the true stories are correct in printed media, mostly.
    Anurag Mehta
    There's a BUNCH, but these are the ones I check out the most: - Reuters - SearchEngineJournal - Techcrunch (a lot 😁) - Mint - Social Media Today - Fast Company - Reddit (yeah, i know...😅) - Google News
    @anurag_mehta recommendation for good Reddit communities? :D
    Anurag Mehta
    @busmark_w_nika I ensure to check these every other day r/tech r/artificial r/worldnews (i guess this was obvious😅) r/webdev r/Business_Ideas r/smallbusiness Have recently discovered these as well - r/EntrepreneurRideAlong r/advancedentrepreneur r/SaaS r/micro_saas r/b2b_sales
    @anurag_mehta Thanks :D I joined to those subreddits :)
    Sahil Dave
    Do you guys visit the website directly or use an app to collate all new articles?
    @sahiltheway I go from my web browser.
    Ethan Wade
    Market Watch Bloomberg Techcrunch All great resources to get involved and understand what is going on in the world
    @salesify Thanks for sharing. Used to watch Bloomberg but filtered it out because of the lack of time :D Didn't know about market watch :)
    ⚡Shrey Joshi
    x.com if you know how to use this platform ...
    @shrey_joshi3 Can you give good tips for using?
    ⚡Shrey Joshi
    @busmark_w_nika Follow verified suggested Handles related to your niche !!
    Richard Reis
    AI Document Translator
    AI Document Translator
    Mine is very "AI-centric" because that's what I love, but here goes: 1. To know what's going on in Silicon Valley: Hacker News 2. To know what's going on in the world: Google Trends (and sooooometimes Break the Web) 3. To know what's going on in AI: YouTube! (accounts like Mattew Berman or AI Explained) 4. To know about the latest products: Product Hunt, Show HN, Github Trending, and GPT Store.
    @matthew_berman @aiexplained @richardreeze Cool! You have many resources. and many of them were unknown to me. Thanks for sharing it! :)
    Andrea Vannelli
    zerohedge for what happens around me (even if they are bad news, but better than Breaking news on TV that shows just war, deads and super bad news) Some youtube channels
    Andrea Vannelli
    @busmark_w_nika They're in italian :) But I can suggest this, not for news but to take some ideas https://www.youtube.com/@MyFirst...
    @andrea789 feel free to share those YT channels :)
    The Economic Times Google News And sometimes news just creeps in on socials (X, Instagram)
    @vertikanigam I totally forgot on Google :D
    Vitaly Aver
    The base is Twitter, Instagram, YouTube 😂 I like the publication The New York Times
    @vit_aver Social media overrules traditional media :D