• Subscribe
  • What platforms do you recommend for listing a product to attract early adopters?

Ashit Vora
    11 replies
    Hey Product Hunt community! πŸ‘‹ We've recently launched Draftly .so (not on PH yet), a tool that helps professionals streamline their LinkedIn activity, and we're looking for platforms where we can list it to attract early adopters. Aside from Product Hunt, what platforms or communities do you recommend for reaching early users who are open to trying new tools? Thanks in advance for your suggestions! πŸ™

Replies

Ashit Vora
    Yes, it is live. You can try it at app.draftly.so Taplio is costly - I hear you. Draftly is much more affordable and better (you can let me know after you try it). Let me know if you need any help. Would love to get your feedback.
    Monalisa Sethi
    You can check out Indie Hackers, HackerNoon, Betafy, Betalist, Peerlist, Hacker News. If you are looking for your initial users, you can engage with relevant reddit communities, post about your products on certain sub reddits. Check out this list, someone posted this on Reddit. It's a good list: https://bit.ly/3YeRS1A
    Monalisa Sethi
    Since your product is a Taplio alternative, you should engage with LinkedIn influencer/content creator groups for the first set of users/early adopters.
    Monalisa Sethi
    Also, Draftly sounds promising. Is it live? Would love to use it. I have tried Taplio and Hushl, reviewed both these products for my newsletter. Hushl was average. Taplio was good but expensive.
    Emily Grace Bennett
    Yeah for sure, those are all great places to list your product for early adopters. I'd also add YCombinator's Hacker News, especially the monthly 'Show HN' posts for sharing new projects. And if your product is dev-focused, Dev.to and DZone have engaged communities. Launching on AppSumo can give you a big burst of initial traction too if you have a SaaS product. The key is going where your target users already hang out!
    Ashit Vora
    those as in?
    Timothy Charles Wilson
    For sure check out Indie Hackers, BetaList, and HackerNews... great places to spread the word and find early adopters. Also consider niche communities on Reddit related to your product... engaging there can jumpstart those initial signups.
    Nicholas Alexander Green
    I've found ProductHunt, BetaList, and HackerNews to be good options for attracting early adopters. Engaging with relevant communities on Reddit, Indie Hackers, etc can also help get those critical first users. This crowdsourced list has a ton of other platforms to check out too: https://bit.ly/3YeRS1A