What's the main challenge you're dealing with in the context of your product/project right now?

Vlad Zivkovic
43 replies
Hey Product Hunters, we all face challenges while working on our products/projects, what is your main challenge right now, and how do you plan to deal with it? Share your challenges with the community and potentially get some feedback on how to deal with it.

Replies

Aurelio
Hiring. It's funny when you think about this. You first struggle to get an idea, then a user, then a paying user, and suddenly you have too many of them so you cannot really work anymore and need to find mates to join your crew. Entrepreneurship can seem like an endless cycle of problem-creation, but we think it's a blast. Each new challenge is another opportunity to innovate and learn..!
Subin Babu
Thank you for the opportunity to share our challenges and seek feedback from the community. Currently, my main challenge revolves around effectively managing time and prioritizing tasks. With numerous aspects to handle within the project, it can sometimes become overwhelming to stay organized and ensure the completion of each task efficiently. To address this challenge, I have begun implementing various time management techniques. This includes setting clear goals, breaking down tasks into smaller steps, and utilizing productivity tools such as Notion and Clockify to track progress. Additionally, I am exploring methods to delegate tasks and foster effective collaboration with team members, aiming to optimize overall productivity. I would greatly appreciate hearing your insights on effective time management strategies or any other advice you may have for overcoming this challenge. Let's foster a learning environment and grow together! Looking forward to your valuable input. Thank you! πŸ˜ŠπŸš€
Gary Ramirez
Currently, our main challenge lies in optimizing the balance between user personalization and privacy protection, but we are hopeful that our ongoing efforts will lead to a solution that enhances the user experience while prioritizing their data security.
Vlad Zivkovic
@g0_ramirez Data security is very important, but also depends in which stage your company is. Small startups do not have to prioritize data security, at least not at the beginning.
Sanat Mohanty
I'm building a Notion workspace for SaaS product marketers to better project manage their release marketing & feature launch projects. Unlike a template pack, this is an drag & drop project management tool with formula based automations & multiple linked relational databases. While the build is 95% complete, I am unable to save advanced filters when I publish this Notion workspace as a public document. Any tip that could help me solve this problem, will be very very helpful. Here's the thread: https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
Thomas Kelly
The main challenge we're currently addressing in our project is optimizing user experience to ensure seamless integration and widespread adoption.
Rick Harington
Looking for early beta subscribers without doing a full launch. If you're interested in getting access to a new app beta or if you have any advice please let me know. https://freshyear.squarespace.com/
Vlad Zivkovic
@freshyear You can do a full launch with beta, and than relaunch again based on feedback that you received. Cool idea behind the app, do some on-page optimization of the website to load faster.
Cheryl Kelly
Any suggestions you have for how I might better organize my time or get around this obstacle would be highly appreciated. Let's create a space where everyone can learn and improve.
niumo
Our main issue is the shortage of GPUs. Our product, GhostCut( https://jollytoday.com οΌ‰, utilizes lot of AI, especially in video erasure, which consumes a lot of GPU power and energy. Balancing product competitiveness, cost-effectiveness, and user experience, GPUs are our pain point. This month, we will purchase a new batch of GPUs, hoping to provide users with better experience. However, GPUs are too expensive... 😭😭😭
Vlad Zivkovic
@niumo Why not using cloud services?
Finding our first users 🧐 We are reaching out to people personally and also planning to do some PR within the next few weeks by partnering with leading news publications. Trying to get PH and twitter game going to build a community to increase awareness of Zapmail. Also apart from our main target audience, since we are in the early stage we thought of talking to other potential industries to see if our product can work for them.
Vlad Zivkovic
@shaaay Launching on PH will give you decent amount of traffic and feedback, than you can take it from here to other platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn.
Gareth Scarpa
@shaaay @cheryl_k29 It's a shame how much time and resources is needed to effectively advertise a product. A huge portion of vc money is tied up in promoting a platform or service compared to creating or staffing it.
Shayan Norizadeh
My main challenge right now would be the best way to go about user acquisition, WriteIt - It was booming for the first few months but due to unfortunate circumstances with a marketing team I hired, we had to put the project on pause and now it's time for the relaunch I am stuck with cost-effective user acquisition methods.
My main challenge right now is getting my co-founder to stop snacking loudly during our Zoom meetings. I plan to send him a box of noise-cancelling headphones and a note that says chew in silence, my friend πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Nuno Reis
Being featurefull enough to capture market. It's a field where connecting products is really important and in that sense, there is a big need for more integrations which don't happen overnight. Give me time and resources and I could do it all eheh :P
So, we've created completely automated blog writing using Airtable script and ChatGPT but we are struggling to find/generate engaging images. Any APIs & products are appreciated that we can use to generate blog images for blog posts.
Kavita
Our current challenge is balancing marketing, product development and general business needs, especially with a very small founding team. The context switching does take a toll, and I am not sure if that means I need to be more ruthless at prioritising or just figuring out how to partition my time and work more effectively.
Zoe Stetsenko
We are in the middle of the development process now and it turned out to be very difficult to find not only experienced developers, but also fast...
Vlad Zivkovic
@zoia_stetsenko Drop me a message, vlad@wewaat.com my company is working with vetted freelance teams, and I can match you in less than 48 hours with very experienced devs.
Zoe Stetsenko
@vladimir_zivkovic I'll take note, thank you! We have another developer starting tomorrow, and if he doesn't suit us, I'll be happy to turn to you.
Sanjay Somashekar
to get the initial conversations running with other companies.
Justin Phillips
We just launched our product officially on Product Hunt yesterday. The biggest issue we have now is prioritizing what's next on our roadmap. We plan on getting additional feedback from the community and users to help us shape what we build next. Although at times I've noticed that some feedback, while genuine and helpful, isn't necessarily the best thing to work on next. I'm curious your thoughts @vladimir_zivkovic , how would you deal with this?
Vlad Zivkovic
@j5p Yeah, don't try to go down that path of pleasing every customer, make priorities I would say, and start increasing the revenue if you have sales, if not than start working on your sales.
Shajedul Karim
hey there, sailing through the digital waves, every day brings its own challenges. currently, the main challenge i'm grappling with is ensuring our tool, NotesNudge, resonates with its users in a meaningful way. it's like creating a song that not only has a catchy tune but also lyrics that touch hearts. we're trying to remind people of their past thoughts, their own digital scribbles, through daily nudges. how do you ensure that each nudge feels personal, yet not intrusive? how do you create a pattern that's predictable, yet leaves room for delightful surprises? my strategy to navigate these waters is to engage deeply with early users. understand their rhythms, their digital habits, and their expectations from a tool like NotesNudge. it's like learning a new language - you gotta immerse yourself in it. and of course, iterating. taking the feedback, refining, testing, and then refining again. that's the beauty of creating something new. it's a dance with uncertainty, and boy, does it have its highs! would love to hear any thoughts or ideas you might have. we're all sailing together in this vast sea. onwards and upwards, karim.
John
Securing pre-seed funding and attracting early adopters are our current objectives at Reyaltee.com. We're actively seeking financial support to fuel our growth and looking for enthusiastic early adopters to join us on our journey.
Gareth Scarpa
Knowing where to start. I have what I think is a fantastic idea but I have no expertise in tech, no real experience with venture capital or starting a business of this kind, and no real connections in the world of startups. I'd obviously love to learn but it seems like hiring a guy from upwork to create an app and financing its growth myself seems impracticable and costly. History shows that most successful startups begin with a close knit group of colleagues that go in together. How does a lone man with an idea find the same success?
Vlad Zivkovic
@gareth_scarpa Start with writing your idea on the paper to visualize it, than find an no code tool that fits your requirements and start from there. There is no reason for you to invest your money if your idea is not even validated. So start with making basic website with no code tools, they will cost you pennies to start.
Gareth Scarpa
@vladimir_zivkovic Well I've obviously written my idea down. What kind of no code tool are referring to? I'd do it in a heartbeat.