What's your video editing stack?

Rohan Chaubey
44 replies
Hey fellow Product Hunters! 👋 I'm diving into the world of video editing and I was wondering what your favorite video editing tools are! 🎥✂️ Whether you're a professional editor or just someone who enjoys creating videos as a hobby, I'd love to hear your recommendations. Are there any software programs or apps that you find particularly user-friendly and feature-packed? Personally, I'm looking for something that offers a wide range of editing options, including silence cutting, zooms, chapters, podcasts and adding effects, etc. And of course, it would be great if it's compatible with both Windows and Mac. So, please share your thoughts and experiences! Which video editing tools do you swear by and why? Currently, I am planning to go with FireCut as I discovered this amazing plugin on the PH community by Suhail and Ali. Also hunted them today, check it out and support them here: https://www.producthunt.com/post... Feel free to drop some pro tips and tricks too for video editing. Can't wait to dive into this world of creativity with your help! 🌟💡 Thanks in advance, and happy editing! 🎬😄

Replies

Kaviyakavi Baskaran
I'm surprised how a lot of people haven't recommended the VN video editor app. I used to use VN, and Animaker for captions. Now, our team is working on an AI video editor and I'm super pumped up for it. I'll share it once it goes live:)
Aljoša Židan
Before, I was deeply invested in Adobe (Premiere and After Effects), but I transitioned last year to DaVinci Resolve and can't imagine going back.
Crystal Hirtle
@aljosa_z I'm curious to know, why do you prefer DaVinci Resolve over After Effects?
Olaf
@aljosa_z same story, transitioned to davinci. Super simple UX, just enjoying it. However it’s a pro tool, which requires time to learn. Capcut is the king for fast engaging video for beginners. Would recommend that as well 👌🏻
Aljoša Židan
@crystal_hirtle AE is still way better for graphic animatons (or maybe I am just so used to it?) but Fusion is also extremely powerful. But i would say is more directed towards cinema stuff.
Emilia Korczyńska
I typically use Canva for editing ad hoc promo videos for social media, but will check FireCut out!
Jake Harrison
CapCat with ChatGPT Plugin and the Opus, AI auto long video to shorts
Shivangi Awasthi
This is awesome, Rohan. I really loved this. Supported and upvoted! Good luck. :)
Rafa Pagés
I do most of my work on Resolve, but we use Canva templates for social media posts, that way anyone in the team can do it and I'm not the bottleneck 😅
James Berdos
Canva, and Premiere pro
Nishant Modi
Filmora, Canva, Capcut
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
https://www.opus.pro/ is a really cool AI tool. I use it to cut up long videos.
Adobe,kinemaster or inshot
Olena Bomko
You can try DaVinci Resolve.
Yasi Rajaee
I can't believe no one has mentioned Imovie in this thread yet!
Sam Smith
Canva and Filmora
Toni
Da Vinci Resolve and CapCut for short or social videos
Stephen Richard
DaVinci Resolve 🎥✂️
Alice Ko
- Screenstudio (for product demos, walkthroughs, and updates) - Loom (for casual updates) - Lumen5 (AI-generated videos with great captions) - Canva (for easy video editing/creation) - Descript (great for editing long-form video)
Susan Fischer
Capcut on PC✨✨
adam albo
Yep, DaVinci resolve; I also recommend capcut for fast, easy stuff. For motion graphics, After Effects, but that's a tall order to learn after effects from scratch.