• Subscribe
  • Which one is you and what pros and cons do you face? [Poll] πŸ€”

When you (co-)run a business, you face many obstacles as well as wins. It feels different when you have a certain position in your company. What is your state in business and what pros and cons go hand in hand with your entrepreneurial role?

Replies

Dhruv N
    Entrepreneur. Pros: Operating in a high-growth industry with significant market potential. Ability to leverage technological advancements for competitive advantage. How does the dynamic between team members and solopreneurs influence decision-making and business growth?
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @dhruv_n1 I think that when you are a solo: you can make decisions faster because there is no "negotiation" process.
    Dhruv N
    @busmark_w_nika sure thanks for your comment 😊
    Bilal Ararou
    @busmark_w_nika is an entrepreneur with a team considered a solopreneur too?
    @bilalararou Who has the final word? (aka is the strongest)
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Solopreneur. Pros is freedom and con is that you have to do everything which can be burdening.
    @vaibhavdwivedi Personally when there are hard times you have to carry everything on your shoulders which is pain. 🀯
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika But i guess only those times make you stronger!
    @vaibhavdwivedi you know what it is said: Hard times create strong man.
    murph
    I have a full time gig. So going solo on these side quests. The downside is that progress and momentum can be inconsistent, but upside is that I have 100% agency and can pursue any curiosities.
    @duffdevone How do you handle very difficult times of "loneliness"?
    murph
    @busmark_w_nika am blessed to have a wife, daughter, close fam, and two dogs... so am lucky to experience few moments of true loneliness. that said, i do work from home, which can feel isolating. so, i try to be intentional about reaching out to and meeting up with friends in person to recharge my social batteries!
    @duffdevone Understandably. It is about surrounding with people who lift you up (not bring you down) :)
    Mercy James
    I’m solo right now, and while I love the creative freedom, the biggest con is definitely the isolation. It’s all on me, which is empowering, but sometimes I wish I had a partner to share the highs and lows.
    @mercy_james3 THe same for me. But haven't found someone who would be a good piece of puzzle to me :)
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    As a solopreneur i enjoy full creative control and flexibility, but it is sometine challenging managing everything alone. Balancing multiple roles is both empowering and exhausting for me
    @hamza_afzal_butt Feel the same. Like forever alone! :DDD
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika but doing great :)
    Svitlana Haidaichuk
    There are 6 of us on the team ) ) ) ) ) ) What benefits do I see? - Shared and at the same time proportional responsibility for financial and operational risks - Access to more financial and human resources. - Combination of different expertise and experience. - Expanding contacts and opportunities through partners. - Partners can provide moral support and help overcome difficulties. - A good resource of motivation for each other. Disadvantages: -Disputes and differences of opinion may arise that can affect the business, but at such moments it is important to keep the focus on the company's goals, which should not only be written down but also the route to achieve them. At the same time, each idea is conditionally checked against the master plan, and if the one who proposes to implement something does not agree with the opinion of others (even the majority) and is ready to take responsibility, the price of the issue does not contradict the maximum error threshold, then other owners should trust and give the activist a chance to try. In general, this is a topic for more than one post. Creating rules of the game that are written, agreed upon, and in line with the values of the company and the owners themselves is also a great help. I have experience in partnerships as a co-owner 4 times and I will say that it gets easier every time)
    @svitlana_haidaichuk Wow, Svitlana, that is a good overview. I am always up for having more co-founders because "democracy" works better where there are more people than only 2. With 2, there is one who has a better position (that can lie in negotiating etc.) so the second partner can be overridden easily. 3+ is better in these terms. If you wrote some post on this topic, I would like to read it :)
    @svitlana_haidaichuk You are welcome! :) I noticed your message on LinkedIn (I will get to this shortly) :) By the way, please, let me know about the launch on Wednesday as well :) I will support :)