• Subscribe
  • Will ChatGPT completely put Grammarly out of business?

Saihhold Zhao
    9 replies
    Is it still worthwhile to develop an AI content assistant, considering the existence of the competitive product ChatGPT? Do you believe Grammarly still holds its value?

Replies

Arpan
    I don't think so!
    They are different in aims. I continue using grammarly everywhere and use chatgpt for absolutely different purposes)
    Saihhold Zhao
    @serhii_uspenskyi I think ChatGPT has a specific purpose, but at the same time, it has the capability to handle a wide range of topics. How long have you been using Grammarly, and what motivated you to continue using it even after ChatGPT was released?
    Hashnimo
    Yes, I rarely (like very rarely) use Grammarly website nowadays. I have their mobile keyboard app still installed though for auto spelling corrections. But that can be easily replaced if someone decides to make something similar with GPT API.
    Saihhold Zhao
    @hashnimo Do you pay for Grammarly? Do you think native English speakers would use it?
    Hashnimo
    @saihhold_zhao No, and I think the native speakers also use it because of features like auto-corrections.
    It totally depends on how ChatGPT is going to evolve or a Chatgpt based product comes into play. It can make a big dent on Grammarly. But Grammarly going out of business totally depends on based on the availability of a competitor product that's so good and free at the same time.
    Gabriel Watson
    No, ChatGPT isn't as good as it's cracked up to be for writing content. I think real content writers will continue writing human content and using Grammarly to check, at least at businesses that are serious about content marketing
    Saihhold Zhao
    @gabriel_watson You can utilize the prompt feature to transform ChatGPT into a grammar checker and content optimizer.🤔