Your first 100 Subscribers?

G. M. Mehdi
4 replies
Hi all. Curious to learn roadmaps and strategies that YOU actually used to get the first 100 subscribers for your SaaS. How did you do it? What were the steps, plans and tools that helped you achieve this? I believe this thread will become increasingly valuable to new founders and starters if we share our REAL stories of first 100 subs.

Replies

Clément Rog
It's not about a SaaS but a publication (well, there's a monthly subscription so it's quite similar in a sense). I had no audience, like maybe 100-ish followers on Twitter which were mostly friends and inactive users. A month ago, I decided to launch a publication on Marketing, my core skill. But I knew there were thousands of newsletters about Marketing. So I decided to promote a “bootstrapped” angle — how to get more people in front of your project without spending big money, run ads, take sales calls or play hacks. To launch, I built a landing page that was as simple as it could be. It only included a manifesto, promoting 21 principles on marketing, and a teaser on the upcoming publication I was launching. I went to Reddit and offered free Marketing help to entrepreneurs, if they posted the URL to their website and asked me a specific question. I added my manifesto URL in the post so people could check it out beforehand and see if this would help them. Hundreds of people commented. 120+ subscribed to my newsletter in the next 2 days. A month later, over 1K people are reading my work every single day.
G. M. Mehdi
@clementrog wow. truly simple yet amazing at the same time. Would love to check out the reddit post and your newsletter.