Are you feeling the AI overload? In 2023 - 50% of Monthly top 10 PH Launches was AI-related.

Sjoerd Handgraaf
5 replies
I had earlier posted this topic (https://www.producthunt.com/disc...) but no one seemed to care, but I anyway didn't want to keep this to myself. It feels like every other launch on PH is an AI launch, and I was wondering, is there a point to launch a non-AI product? So for each monthly ranking this year I counted how many AI products were in the top 10, and collected the numbers. January: 4 February: 3 March: 6 April:6 May: 7 June: 7 July: 5 August: 4 September: 5 October: 7 November: 4 On average, 5.2 per 10, so more than half. So for those of us launching non-AI products, there are still 5 spots to get! Anyone launching a non-AI project?

Replies

Thanks for this stats @sjoerdhandgraaf There are so many AI products out there, sometimes it feels like they blend into one indistinguishable blob to me ๐Ÿค”
Eden
Thanks for sharing! At what point is something an AI product vs a product that leverages AI? I think my product could stand alone without AI but it definitely helps improve the product
Sjoerd Handgraaf
@entreeden Very good question. For this case I only selected launches that (to me) felt really dependent on the AI angle, and wouldn't be very interesting in its own right.
Nonye
Yep, I am tired of the AI and ChatGPT talks already.