Are you feeling the AI overload? In 2023 - 50% of Monthly top 10 PH Launches was AI-related.

Sjoerd Handgraaf
5 replies
I had earlier posted this topic (https://www.producthunt.com/disc...) but no one seemed to care, but I anyway didn't want to keep this to myself. It feels like every other launch on PH is an AI launch, and I was wondering, is there a point to launch a non-AI product? So for each monthly ranking this year I counted how many AI products were in the top 10, and collected the numbers. January: 4 February: 3 March: 6 April:6 May: 7 June: 7 July: 5 August: 4 September: 5 October: 7 November: 4 On average, 5.2 per 10, so more than half. So for those of us launching non-AI products, there are still 5 spots to get! Anyone launching a non-AI project?

Replies

Eden
Thanks for sharing! At what point is something an AI product vs a product that leverages AI? I think my product could stand alone without AI but it definitely helps improve the product
Sjoerd Handgraaf
@entreeden Very good question. For this case I only selected launches that (to me) felt really dependent on the AI angle, and wouldn't be very interesting in its own right.
Thanks for this stats @sjoerdhandgraaf There are so many AI products out there, sometimes it feels like they blend into one indistinguishable blob to me ๐Ÿค”
Nonye
Yep, I am tired of the AI and ChatGPT talks already.