• Subscribe
  • Do you think paid ads are worth it for early-stage startups?

Ashit Vora
    11 replies
    I've been on the fence about whether paid ads are worth the investment for early-stage startups. We did a small experiment with G Ads without luck. Have paid ads worked for you, or would you recommend focusing elsewhere in the beginning?

Replies

Ulrica Storset
    No. Focus on building your community with early adpoters and users through your network and traditional mail, phone and meetings. When you have found product market fit it's time to get investors on board and scale through paid channels.
    Milan Kovacevic
    I am personally fan of organic marketing at the begining. But, from my experience, ads can also work very well if managed in the right way. I used Instagram ads when I used to have a clothing brand and it generated leads everytime I used it.
    Ashit Vora
    @milan369kovacevic likewise. currently we are focusing on organic. What activities do you focus on for organic traffic? We are working on - SEO - Social activities - micro tools
    SimonšŸ‹
    Probably not worth it, unless you've got cash to burn:) Focus on organic growth and product-market fit first. You'll find your ideal customer and will be able to launch more effective ads.
    Nigel Yong
    I think the rule of thumb is to get organic sales first, then you know better your target user. Then you know who to target. But if it's cheap, it's great for validation and checking initial traction!
    Ace Apolonio
    Paid ads must be done only when you're ready to scale. Find PMF so that you can confirm your product solves a real problem, iterate, then expand your audience.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    If you have funding, let's give it a try. But when you are tight on the budget, I would bet on organic marketing first and WOM.
    Ashit Vora
    @busmark_w_nika We a bootstrapped startup and always frugal on our spendings. We have the following strategies for organic traffic at Draftly. - SEO - Micro Tools - Spreading word on Socials Do you recommend anything else?
    Timothy Bramlett
    Yes, but you need an existing working organic funnel before you start investing in paid ads.
    Ashit Vora
    @timothybramlett Makes sense. We have the following strategies for organic traffic at Draftly. - SEO - Micro Tools - Socials do you recommend anything else?