• Subscribe
  • How to increase click through rate in newsletter?

Yesterday I asked about open rates. Well, when someone gets into your email, you probably want him to take another action πŸ‘‰ to redirect him somewhere (AKA make him click on the Call-To-Action button or link). I received some tips like: 🟩 Make the CTA button pop up (includes good copy, colours etc.). πŸ“‹ Create some poll. πŸ”— Try to incorporate links in the first lines when the recipient has the most attention. πŸ–²οΈ If the content is short – people easily understand what you want for them if the content is long – repeat CTA more time. (This is an advice by @vertikanigam ) Do you have other recommendations and best practices according to your experience?

Replies

Alexandra Goss
    Make them curious Don't say "Click here to get 10% discount" - Do say "Click here to unlock a special offer" Don't say "Watch this video to see the recap of our event" - Do say "You're not gonna believe what we did until you watch this video" So, borderline clickbait but with good intentions Don't overdo that, though, 1-2 links in one email max
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @alex_skazka Thank you, Alexandra. You proved to me that copywriting is still a thing that can make people change minds to click on the button :) I need to practice more this part.
    Alexandra Goss
    @busmark_w_nika haha, thanks! Happy to chat and exchange experience
    Salar Davari
    I think the time you choose to send the newsletter is also important.
    @salar__davari when are people more prone to click within mail?
    Salar Davari
    @busmark_w_nika Depends on your target community. I don't exactly remember but I think in the US, Tuesday or Monday mornings 10 a.m is the time when more people check their emails.
    My3 Murthy
    @salar__davari I think open rates are more directly dependent on time. CTRs are mainly dependent on how good your copy & your offer is.
    Salar Davari
    @my3_murthy Yea. that is a must. I'm talking about the timing. When recipients are more likely to check their emails.
    Abhra Ch.
    Hey @busmark_w_nika! πŸ˜„ Those are some solid tips you've gathered already! One thing I've found helpful is to personalize the content as much as possible – addressing the subscriber by their name and tailoring the message to their interests can really boost engagement! 😍 Also, using engaging visuals like GIFs or infographics can make your newsletter more appealing and encourage clicks. Can't wait to hear what others recommend too! 😊
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Optimize subject lines with clear value propositions and curiosity-inducing hooks.
    @hamza_afzal_butt That is better for the open rate. But CTR is a little bit different to redirect people is harder.
    Dan O'Malley
    Great tips. Thanks!
    @dan_o_malley Thank you, Dan :) But those are not mine :D I was given them and just reshared them. In case you have any additional points, feel free to share :)
    Pawan Kumar
    NonCoders
    Launching soon!
    Compelling Subject Lines: Craft attention-grabbing subject lines that spark curiosity. Personalization: Use the recipient's name and tailor content to their preferences. Clear CTAs: Include clear, compelling calls-to-action that stand out visually. Engaging Content: Provide valuable and relevant content that resonates with your audience. Mobile Optimization: Ensure your newsletter is mobile-friendly for easy reading on all devices. A/B Testing: Regularly test different elements (subject lines, CTAs, content) to see what performs best.
    @prepawan And do you have any own example of texts that worked well? :)
    Alexandre Contador
    Videco - AI Personalized Video
    Gold nugget!
    @alexdigitalmkt Thanks but I also wait for other people what they have :D
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    One 'trick' I have played a lot in newsletter that yielded moderate results was to do polls. It helps to get the ball rolling!
    @vaibhavdwivedi what kind of poll works best? :)
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika The ones that are dumb easy. Ask simple question and have simple options to choose from.
    Andreas Sohns
    I think using a strong clear CTA would help a lot. Also keeping the email content short and engaging can maintain interest. Personalized emails tend to get more clicks too.
    @andreas_sohns How long should be the mail? (aka ideal readable length that the reader scrolls to the bottom)? What works best 4 U? :)
    Adeeb Malik
    One thing I'd suggest is giving a reward. No matter how engaging or compelling the mail you write, there needs to be some different kind of motivation to drive the users. Be it some template, strategy, (not so secret) tips, safety measures (apparently it works well), etc. Consider 3 users: - This relates to me perfectly, I'll click! - This somewhat relates to me, I'll check it out later. (probably will forget, that this can be dealt with by creating content that does not just talk about the particular topic but how it impacts/affects related things, etc. or you can always tease how reading this will greatly affect the next content series as it's directly involved. - This doesn't relate to me, I'll pass this one! All of the above can be dealt with in 2 ways: - Personalize: It means creating content that... Wait, first of all, to everyone who's reading this... What does a subscriber mean? It is those people who've taken the effort to click on that button and give out their real information (not test@test.com, etc. πŸ˜‚). For what? To listen to YOU! It's like you're on the stage, in the spotlight, and there's a whole bunch of people, waiting to hear you, your story, your opinions. Now, personalization would mean different right? That's exactly what needs to be done. Create a story, put a narrative, even for simple bug fixes. All it takes is one mail, and they'll look forward to every next one! - Give: As I stated above, share ideas, use cases, templates, strategies, etc. Drive them, create a need (this is where the story helps too!). Try this out, you just might like what I told you!
    @adeeb_malik Thank you, Adeeb. Sometimes I forget that people really read my newsletter. πŸ˜… They are too long (I write long format) and sometimes do not believe that people read it all. So I need to first try to work on story telling :)
    Adeeb Malik
    @busmark_w_nika That's great, I love reading long-format content. Where do I sign up? Ps. Faced a similar situation. What I did was make the email concise with a clear CTA to the whole content (which was published as a post). This included driving CTAs in between, linking ops, and if you're into affiliates or selling your product, you can always include it, subtly. This will give you more space and control over things. Give it a shot!
    @adeeb_malik Thanks for giving advice. :) https://mailchi.mp/1dbd72e09689/... This is the form for signing up but I need to warn you – it is a very long form that leads to a cringe emails :D
    Adeeb Malik
    @busmark_w_nika Indeed a long form 🫠. Ps. You got a subscriber!
    @adeeb_malik Thank you! :) I can see you now in the database :)
    If your newsletter content is short, then it makes it easier for people to know what you're asking them to do. OR If your content is longer, then to get people to take some action there, you can try repeating the same CTA multiple times without bugging the reading experience. It should look natural, not pushed.
    @vertikanigam Vertika, this is goldmine advice! If you agree, I would add it to the article and tag you :)
    @busmark_w_nika Oh okay. I meant, share the link with me on LinkedIn DM, otherwise I might miss it, whichever platform you publish on. It will be easier for me to share it further.
    @busmark_w_nika Oh sure, if you think so. Do share with me on Linkedin :)
    @vertikanigam actually I tagged on the Product Hunt :D Rarely write articles on LI :D
    Marcie Johns
    Best way to increase click through rate is to have a strong offer. I specialize in email marketing with the company i work for and it's almost always about an offer. 20% off sitewide is one of our highest performing sends.
    @marciej What people like the most from offerings?
    Marcie Johns
    @busmark_w_nika The deals! saving money on normal items that they would buy. :-)
    BTW, you can still sign up for my newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/1dbd72e09689/...
    Yvik Ye
    You need something really "Hot"!
    @xspiral Should I use my photo? :DDD
    Yvik Ye
    @busmark_w_nika Yes, I bet after that, the click through rate will drastically increase! 😁
    @xspiral OK :D This is a challenge :D
    Hossain Ahmad
    Select a niche, personalize your contents!
    Masaki Nakata
    That's a good question! I'm learning as well!
    @masaki_nakata I saved this conversation so it will be a good source for the content :D
    Gurkaran Singh
    Trying to boost that newsletter click-through rate is like adding extra cheese to a pizza – it just makes everything better! Remember, a sprinkle of personalization can go a long way in catching those wandering clicks!
    Tedel
    Make the subject clear. Clear subjects get better open rates. Do not waste people's time trying to guess because they will not.