• Subscribe
  • What are the best strategies for building an engaged community?

Jerry
    22 replies
    Hi makers! These days, our team is trying to build a beta tester community to test pre-released features and get feedback from our most passionate users. For those who have successfully built engaged communities, what strategies worked best for you? Did you use separate channels like Slack or Discord? What should we watch out for? I really appreciate any opinions or feedback!

Replies

jusiy Waller
    I think it’s important to be responsive. Quick replies to questions and feedback show that you’re listening and value their input.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Everything is about genuine feedback and that community needs to be "alive". So invite there people who are interested in topics you talk about and they will be engaging (That type of extroverted people in chats).
    Cedric Mathias
    Replying to all your loyal customer would be the best way to engage with the community.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Recognize active members with shoutouts and rewards to boost morale and encourage continued engagement. Having a dedicated community manager or moderators helps maintain a positive and productive space. Building an engaged community takes time and effort, but the insights and loyalty gained are invaluable. Best of luck with your beta tester community!
    Apurva Desai
    Understand Your Audience: Conduct surveys or host town hall meetings to gather feedback. Use analytics (if it's an online community) to understand user behavior. Create High-Quality Content: Ensure that the content shared is valuable, relevant, and interesting to the community.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Commenting here because I would also love to know the same!
    Аня Вознюк
    Strategies for building an engaged community are really important! When I was developing a project for basl, I realized how crucial it is to interact with users and consider their feedback. Good communication and regular updates really help. Who else is working on similar tasks?
    Iris Matt
    I recommend hosting regular community events. Whether it’s a virtual meetup or a live demo, events can bring your community together and keep the momentum going.
    john milton
    I think it’s crucial to create a sense of ownership. Involve your testers in decision-making processes when possible, so they feel like they’re part of the team.
    Jordan bulk
    I recommend setting up automated reminders for your community. This can help keep them engaged and remind them to check out new features or updates.
    CY Zhou
    Foster genuine connections by actively engaging with your community members and consistently providing valuable content. Encourage participation through interactive events and recognize contributions to build a sense of belonging.
    Kehui Guo
    We mainly use Discord for managing the community. Listening and actively engaging with the users are really important -- answering their questions, taking notes on their asks, and investigating their needs -- the key is to produce good content and iterate based on customer feedback (and balancing the business needs at the same time:)
    Keira Stump
    I found that exclusive content can be a great incentive. Offer sneak peeks or early access to features as a reward for active participation.
    Kathe Jordan
    I’d suggest having a clear set of community guidelines. This helps maintain a positive and constructive atmosphere where users feel safe to share their thoughts.
    Kimberly West
    I’ve seen success by fostering a collaborative environment. Encourage testers to help each other out and share their own tips and experiences.
    Steve Joe
    I’ve had great results with beta testing communities on Discord. Its features like voice channels and bots can enhance interaction and make the community more dynamic.
    Victor Crum
    I’ve noticed that transparency builds trust. Share your development roadmap and update the community on what changes are being implemented based on their feedback.
    Advin Jadis
    I recommend using surveys to gather structured feedback. This can help you identify common issues and prioritize improvements based on user input.
    Maxmillian Barker
    I'm also working on this as well. I would say just being active and responding to everyone is a great start. Slowly you'll find people who will talk back.
    Grayson Carter
    Engagement is a conversation, not a monologue. Encourage interaction through polls Ask Me Anything or discussions. Respond to comments and show your community you care.