• Subscribe
  • What are the ways you have used to validate ideas and have they worked?

yash
    8 replies

Replies

Subhendu Pratap Singh
    1. Made a landing page 2. Posted the landing page with an elevator pitch in the relevant Facebook groups and subreddits where it was allowed. 3. Spoke with friends of friends, and relatives who were my target groups.
    Artem Zhuravlev
    @subhendu_singh hi! Any chance you remember how long did it take you to get feedback from Facebook and subreddits? And how many replies were enough for you?
    Subhendu Pratap Singh
    @artem_bm Subreddits are pretty quick, if the question is catchy enough. There rather than posting about your product, it's better to discuss the problem you are selling. This got expedited once I got listed on betalist.
    Matthias Strafinger
    my 3 step formula for validation: 1. Talk to many people who are facing the issue 2. Do a Landing Page test (need traffic either organic or paid) 3. Create an MVP and onboard the first users Within these steps there are many things you can do wrong: 1. e.g. lure your interviewers towards points you want to hear 2. e.g. Just doing it to test potential costs per lead (this doesn't tell you anything, maybe gives you some guidance) 3. e.g. building a "perfect" MVP (if you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you waited too long). In most cases you will realize that your idea won't work, so validation works best if you know that in a fast manner, right? On the other site, you need to make sure that you don't give up too early. Most startups don't succeed overnight and it is more about a long hustle. Hope that helps :)
    Daniel Chua
    @matthias_strafinger Could not agree more! I'm a founder that has gone through multiple product pivots - and can attest that the "wrong things" section contains a lot of wisdom, in a simple few words.
    Artem Zhuravlev
    Could not pass by! I'm now working on a product to help early stage ideas get instant feedback on their ideas. The underlying mechanics is a chat roulette to get your idea challenged by investors, experts and peers. The product is based on reputation system, leaderboards and competition for the main prize - pitch to investors. I wonder how people treat peer-to-peer&expert assessment at the stage of validation.
    Vinay Sharma
    Most of the time if you face the issue yourself theres grounds to say others have too, so heres what I did: 1. Done some digging by contacting people on LinkedIn in that industry (asked them a bunch of question to find out if they also have the same problem) 2. Built an MVP (basic website with functionality) 3. Posted on Polywork (a collaboration platform) and instantly got over 100 BETA testers for FREE! 4. Created a TypeForm for feedback 5. Now we're going through the iterations and launching next week!
    Boris N
    You may use tool to validate your idea like: - Checkmyidea-IA This tool conduct market research within minutes, helping you gain a deeper understanding of your target market's needs and expectations. This can ultimately lead to more informed business decisions.