• Subscribe
  • What prep you need to do before launching on Product Hunt ?

Abhay Talreja
    26 replies
    Share your best and worst move. Trying to learn and understand what really works here.

Replies

Chriss Brat
    Reach out to influencers and industry experts for support. 😉😉
    Abhay Talreja
    @chriss_brat That's smart, so before launching, have a plan to reach out to the influencers, but do you recommend getting that traffic to my home page or on PH ? - i feel driving them on PH would be a waste.
    Guadalupe R. Moore
    Define your target audience: Who are you trying to reach? 🥰
    Abhay Talreja
    @guadalupe_r_moore How does defining your target audience will help on a platform like PH ? i do understand the material for the product, sure. but, PH is supposed to be open to all. are you thinking of adding your product detail in a way, that it is appealing to your TA ?
    Aniyah Hoovers
    Use visually appealing images and videos to showcase your product. 😚
    Abhay Talreja
    @aniyah_hoovers Thanks, absolutely agree. I think, i can take rference from the top ones on PH. Good point.
    Ash Carey
    Cultivate a pre-launch audience through social media, email marketing, and online communities. 😃
    Abhay Talreja
    @ash_carey cultivate? - you mean, reach out to your network and ask them to come and vote for your product ?
    Dedew
    Before launching on Product Hunt, build a community early, have a clear value proposition, secure an influential hunter, and prepare a strong demo, video, and landing page. On launch day, actively engage with comments. My best move was engaging the Product Hunt community beforehand, while the worst was launching without a ready audience or polished product. Timing and participation are crucial for success.
    Violet Hayes
    Plan your launch date wisely! I picked a holiday weekend, and it totally got buried.
    Abhay Talreja
    @violet_hayes yes, i heard from many, weekends are slow
    Zoe Palmer
    Create buzz on social media leading up to launch. I didn't and it hurt my visibility.
    Abhay Talreja
    @zoepalmer i think it helps, only if you have an audience ?
    Wesley Ward
    Get testimonials ready to go. Helps with social proof! I didn’t have any and had to scramble.
    Abhay Talreja
    @wesley_ward excellent point. Adding to my checklist
    Anthony Hughes
    Best move was building a community beforehand. Worst was launching without enough feedback it flopped.
    Matthew Russell
    Definitely have a mailing list ready! I didn’t, and my launch barely got any traction.
    Abhay Talreja
    @mattherussell mailing list, that's going to be a tough road, along with building the product. Does advertising in newsletters help ?
    Matthew Russell
    @abhaytalreja I'm not sure as the launch day has been passed now :(
    Briella
    Biggest prep Reach out to hunters who can help promote your product. Bad move launching without a good video demo.
    Abhay Talreja
    @briella12 That's interesting, you are saying, we can also get help from great hunters, more like influencers.