• Subscribe
  • Why can't people stop building productivity apps? 🤦

Harshil Patel
    18 replies
    I hate them 😤 Anyone here who feels the same? Why?

Replies

murph
    For sure a saturated market.
    Alexander Galitsky
    How can they become billionaires otherwise?
    Udaya Sri
    Isn't that true for any category? There are plenty of apps that fall into similar categories.
    Harshil Patel
    @udaya_sri Could be. I am pretty sure. There's more than we need. Plus, I do get the notion of 8B businesses (a day in future). But I just hate apps being productive so the rant.. What category irks you the most?
    Simon Paul
    From my perspective, many productivity app creators are solving their own problems. They see a gap in the market based on their experiences and want to build something that works for them
    Harshil Patel
    @simon_paul4 Or may be we don't look hard enough? 🤔
    Morgan Harriss
    Because there's always something new to do to make our work processes better, I believe that developers of productivity apps continue to innovate. For me, it seems like there is always something fresh to streamline or optimize
    Harshil Patel
    @morgan__harris I think a solution creates a problem to which we need a solution that creates another problem. It's a never ending loop.
    Allen Deck
    I think the way we work keeps evolving, so there's always a demand for new tools. As remote work and different workflows become more common, there's always room for new productivity soloutions
    Julia Watson
    I get it, But for some, it’s about finding the perfect tool to fit their specific needs. It’s almost like a quest for the ultimate productivity hack.
    Christopher Adams
    Actually I enjoy trying out new apps. Even if they don’t all stick, it’s interesting to see what unique solutions people come up with.
    Harshil Patel
    @christopher__adams I wish I had that amount of energy. I like trying stuff for sure but I think I have reached a stage of phobia...
    Vanessa truman
    I think people keep building them because there's always a new approach or feature that someone believes will make a big difference.
    Harshil Patel
    @vanessa_truman Agreed. We tend to believe in illusions 😆 And fortunately, unfortunately, maya (illusion) is the sole source of creativity. Why not?
    Samuel Thomas Harris
    Because people are always looking for the next big thing to boost their productivity! Plus there's that allure of the billion dollar exit... 🤑 Personally I use Motion for task management and Mem.ai for notes - both great tools built by solid teams. Anyone found a new productivity app they're loving recently?