• Subscribe
  • Why can't people stop building productivity apps? 🤦

Harshil Patel
    18 replies
    I hate them 😤 Anyone here who feels the same? Why?

Replies

Vanessa truman
    I think people keep building them because there's always a new approach or feature that someone believes will make a big difference.
    Harshil Patel
    @vanessa_truman Agreed. We tend to believe in illusions 😆 And fortunately, unfortunately, maya (illusion) is the sole source of creativity. Why not?
    Alexander Galitsky
    How can they become billionaires otherwise?
    Harshil Patel
    @ag94 😂 By not spending on the best productivity/task manager in the world
    Udaya Sri
    Isn't that true for any category? There are plenty of apps that fall into similar categories.
    Harshil Patel
    @udaya_sri Could be. I am pretty sure. There's more than we need. Plus, I do get the notion of 8B businesses (a day in future). But I just hate apps being productive so the rant.. What category irks you the most?
    Simon Paul
    From my perspective, many productivity app creators are solving their own problems. They see a gap in the market based on their experiences and want to build something that works for them
    Harshil Patel
    @simon_paul4 Or may be we don't look hard enough? 🤔
    Morgan Harriss
    Because there's always something new to do to make our work processes better, I believe that developers of productivity apps continue to innovate. For me, it seems like there is always something fresh to streamline or optimize
    Harshil Patel
    @morgan__harris I think a solution creates a problem to which we need a solution that creates another problem. It's a never ending loop.
    Allen Deck
    I think the way we work keeps evolving, so there's always a demand for new tools. As remote work and different workflows become more common, there's always room for new productivity soloutions
    murph
    For sure a saturated market.
    Julia Watson
    I get it, But for some, it’s about finding the perfect tool to fit their specific needs. It’s almost like a quest for the ultimate productivity hack.
    Christopher Adams
    Actually I enjoy trying out new apps. Even if they don’t all stick, it’s interesting to see what unique solutions people come up with.
    Harshil Patel
    @christopher__adams I wish I had that amount of energy. I like trying stuff for sure but I think I have reached a stage of phobia...
    Samuel Thomas Harris
    Because people are always looking for the next big thing to boost their productivity! Plus there's that allure of the billion dollar exit... 🤑 Personally I use Motion for task management and Mem.ai for notes - both great tools built by solid teams. Anyone found a new productivity app they're loving recently?