Would you miss ChatGPT?

Joy Ogide
8 replies
If something happened today and ChatGPT, Perplexity, and other high-demand AI tools were shut down, would you miss them? My mobile version ChatGPT suffered a downtime for about 2 days, and I discovered ‘surprisingly’ that I missed it and the ease it brought to my writing life. My surprise was a result of the initial dislike that I had for ChatGPT and its family members when they were introduced. So, how did I switch from ‘I’m never using this’ to ‘pleaseeee open’ I realize now what changed— a deeper understanding of AI tools. After I studied ChatGPT, I realized that it is in fact here to help, not to replace. AI has made life easier for me as a writer. Learning to collaborate with AI has been game-changing. If you truly take the time to learn how you can wield it as a helping hand, then you’d experience its magic as well. Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m glad ChatGPT and its friends are around. What do you think, though? Would you miss AI if it no longer existed?

Replies

Kristan Servidad
Personally for me, I would. However, I use ChatGPT as a search engine-like tool for researching complex topics to save time on browsing the web, then fact-check afterward once I've understood the topic from a high-level perspective. I don't really use it for creating copy.
My3 Murthy
I am sure I would- not because they are flawless products- but because they have some how trained my brain to be lazy at times. I just have to plug in my thoughts haphazardly & they spit out beautifully crafted messages.
My3 Murthy
@joy_ogide which llm do you use for research?
Vaibhav
I think it comes down to your level of dependency. I had a big dependency when I was coding but now, not anymore.
Launching soon!
As a PR manager representing the AI community, we greatly value your feedback and insights on using AI tools like ChatGPT. Your experience and realization about the benefits of AI tools for writing are truly appreciated. We understand the initial hesitation towards AI, but we're glad to hear that you have seen the value it can bring to your writing process. Your willingness to learn and collaborate with AI is commendable, and we're thrilled to hear that AI has made a positive impact on your work. We believe that AI tools like ChatGPT are here to assist and enhance human capabilities, not replace them. The combination of human creativity and AI technology can lead to incredible results, and we're excited to see how you continue to leverage AI in your writing journey. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to seeing more of your insightful contributions within the AI community. We are building a marketing AI called Contentify AI. It's free and easy to set up. Check out the "Launching soon".