• Subscribe
  • My Tech Stack For YouTube Videos 🎬 Would be glad if you share your tools πŸ™‚

Several times I was asked what I use when creating videos. Today, I will interview another guest and it requires some tools and gear that I use. SO... Look at my stack: Hardware: πŸ“· Camera: Sony Alpha A7 III + Lens: SONY FE 28–70 mm f/3.5 🎀 Mic: Rode Wireless Go II πŸ’» Notebook: Mac Apple M1 Pro πŸ”Œ USB C cable to reconnect Mac with Sony πŸ—Ό Sometimes tripod Software: Imaging Edge Desktop – Remote:Β I control output from the camera on my Mac screen OBS: Recording the screen and audio on Mac Google Meets: This is where the interview is held CaCcut + DaVinci Resolve: Edits in video Clipwing: Searching for the best parts of the video TimeStamper: To label time stamps Figma + Canva + Photopea: Creating a thumbnail ChatGPT: To improve some texts or ask additional questions And maybe much more, e.g. (I use Trello for ideas, Notion for text preparation on social media or Google Docs for questions I share with a guest). If you dedicate some time to video creation, what do you use? πŸ™‚

Replies

Susan R. Pruitt
    lighng is crucial for video quality. I use softbox lights to create a well-lit environment for recording, along with natural light whenever possible to give my videos a professional look.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @susan_r_pruitt oh, I forgot – I also have lights with softbox (2x) but today I didn't use them. πŸ₯²πŸ™ˆ which was mistake :D
    By the way, that interview will be then live in 2 weeks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@busines... We are growing. πŸ₯ΉπŸš€
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    I have simply been using a mic and my iphone for creating video content for the advertising videos i make for ConnectGenie AI, your equipment is great I am not there yet but hope to be
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika how did your content journey began, what motivated you?
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika I am trying to collabrate with people for podcasts specifically related to building personal branding on Linkedin, do you think this would be something that interests you?
    Matt Cloud
    Google Meets is the best!
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    How about the lights? Big difference in quality. Your setup is solid! I only do short videos for LinkedIn and X. Here's what I use: iPhone 15 Pro (the 13 worked great too) MacBook Air β€” random $10 LED ring light β€” random $20 wireless mic β€” big table lamp from my wife’s desk β€” Xiaomi tripod for my phone It’s not fancy, but it works for short videos. And I leep it simple for editing: β€” ScreenStudio if it’s a video with screen sharing β€” CapCut for final edits β€” Figma for all design work (most plugins you need are there) β€” Notes for text β€” Zoom for calls
    @kostyabolsh In software quite similar to me but I need to reconsider light setup (I already have) but it is huuuuge :D cannot fit in a spot. But Re iPhone 15 Pro (it takes better shots than a regular camera) :D are you planning to start with YouTube too? :)
    Fabian Maume
    Have you tested any tool to generate shorts from long forms videos?
    @fabian_maume Yes, ClipWing mentioned. Also, other tools still need to be changed manually because some parts seemed to be more suitable for the context.